Friday, March 16, 2012

#0081

A longer post today because for once it is not just a card, it’s a whole party ensemble I am showing you. Here we go…



1 clipart printed on 1 colour was used for the whole ensemble. As this is for a 4 year old party, I chose to go for a boat rather than a skull (and with a bright blue to liven the atmosphere):
- on a paper rosette for the banner
- on an elastic for the glass deco
- on the birthday boy’s card

I followed these paper bowl instructions from Paper Crafts Connection, where I’m participating in the Grand Finale challenge for party ensembles.

Materials:
Bristol: 1 sheet of black, 1 sheet of bright blue
A4 paper: 2 sheets of red, 1 sheet of pale blue
Scraps of white and yellow for the paper pieced parrot
Cream card for the treasure map place mats
Gold pen to draw the nails on the treasure chess
Circle dies for the boat image and the serviette ring (attached to an elastic as well)
Black ribbon, black elastic, black felt (for an eye patch I forgot to include in the picture!)
Tooth picks (for the cheese sails)
Red straws and paper towels

It’s the first time I go the whole way creating a party ensemble. It was a long process, especially finding the ideas, I think mainly because of my inexperience. But well worthy indeed, I’ll definitively start again.

Thank you for staying all the way ; )

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is absolutely amazing and oh so striking and artfully colour coordinated...I love the combination of objects as well and can imagine any little boy's delight. Well done...please continue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great ensemble. Love the boy pirate theme in a more mature presentation!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented N@ Ali! I heart your style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling!! Love the toothpick sails. So, so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you : )